This Starbucks is at the heart of Doylestown, both geographically and metaphorically. In business at this location since 1999, many of the baristas know customers by name and the store participates in several community events -- such as donating to local non-profit organzations and fundraisers (gift baskets for the Central Bucks West High School raffle, for example). Also, during events such as Doylestown First Fridays, the cobblestone parking area in the front of the building is blocked off so local bands can perform, and the porch becomes a showcase for local artists.
The store presents itself as a place where people can conduct business outside the office and still be comfortable. It is also a regular meeting place for book clubs.
Regular customers include the mayor, as well as the police whose station is located across the street.
The shop is housed in the historic Fountain House, but the interior has modern decor, with warm, dark-tone walls and furnishings that give the place a lively yet relaxed feel. The dining area is naturally divided into two spaces: the side with the counter tends to be more active, while the quieter side has a leather couch and table seating.
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 5:30am - 10pm; Fri 5:30am - 11pm; Sat, 6am - 11pm; Sun 6:30am - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: Ramp to door facing North Main Street
- Founding Date: 1999
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Products: Coffee, tea, smoothies, frappachinos, breakfast, prepared sandwiches, pastries
- General services: Eat-in, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: www.starbucks.com/menu
- Specialties: Oatmeal for breakfast with choice of toppings
- ATM: No
- Parking: On-street: metered, Paid lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: American, Dessert / Ice Cream, Sandwiches
- Price level: $
- Number of tables: 20
- Features: Breakfast, Fireplace, Group-friendly, Outdoor seating
- Atmosphere: Fun
- Dress code: Casual