Ota Ya Japanese Restaurant
One of three Ota-Ya locations, Ota-Ya of Newtown is located at 10 Cambridge Ln. in the Market at Newtown shopping center. The interior is casual and relaxed; the restaurant offers an assortment of traditional sushi dishes, both hot and cold. Customers may call ahead for pick-up or eat in the dining room Tuesday through Sunday for dinner or Tuesday through Friday for lunch. Reservations are recommended for the weekend diner and can be made by phone. Ota-Ya is closed on Mondays.
- Hours: Lunch: Tue - Fri, noon - 2:30pm; no lunch, Sat, Sun, Mon, closed; Dinner: Tue - Thu, 5pm - 9:30pm; Fri, 5pm-10pm; Sat, 5pm - 10pm; Sun, 4pm - 9pm
- Handicap Accessible: Reserved spaces, Lowered curb
- Founding Date: Jan. 1995
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, Visa
- Products: Hot and cold Sushi, hand rolls, sashimi, seaweed salads, Tempura, soup, hot or cold appetizers, assorted ice cream flavors and Sake/
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link: ota-ya.com/menu/menu.htm
- Specialties: Sushi rolls and hand rolls, sashimi, hot and cold appetizers, and assorted ice cream varieties.
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No
- Cuisine: Japanese / Sushi, Live / Raw Food, Vegetarian/Vegan
- Signature dishes: Alaska rolls, Dragon rolls, Seaweed salad, eel and cucumber rolls, salmon roll, New York Roll, tempura dishes and green tea ice cream.
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Sushi Deluxe-offers a sampling of different types of sushi
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Suggested
- Features: BYOB-only, Dinner, Group-friendly, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Quiet
- Dress code: casual