Meals On Wheels
The Doylestown Meals on Wheels is an independent non-profit whose volunteers deliver two meals a day Monday through Friday to its clients. It provides one hot meal for lunch on a tray, and a cold meal, typically a sandwich, which the delivery volunteers place in the refrigerator for the clients to eat for dinner. Each delivery also includes a dessert.
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:30am - 2:30pm
- Founding Date: 1972
- Payments accepted: Cash, Personal Check
- Products: Delivers one hot meal and one cold meal with dessert on weekdays. The menu is the same as the Briarleaf nursing home's menu.
- Food & dining options: Sugar-free
- General services: Delivery
- Specialties: Meals on Wheels accommodates clients' dietary needs, such as puree, renal, diabetic and low salt.
- What makes this community special?: Meals on Wheels is made possible through the efforts of nearly 300 volunteers.Many clients say that the company the volunteers provide when they deliver the meals is something they look forward to.
- Cuisine: American, Dessert / Ice Cream
- Price level: $
- Features: Dinner, Lunch