The Freight House restaurant is located behind the SEPTA R5 regional rail station off of W. Ashland Street.
It offers a selection of steak, cooked or raw seafood and vegetarian entrees as well as a complete wine list to complement the dinner menu. The lounge menu contains smaller plates for lunch or snacking, with items such as cheese steak spring rolls, nachos, jalapeno poppers, house fries and sweet potato fries. Indoor seating is available at the bar or in booths in the dining area. The outdoor patio has a fire pit, lounge chairs, umbrellas and tables for dining.
Reservations can be made through the Freight House website.
The Freight House also hosts private parties and events such as baby showers, bridal showers, wedding receptions, rehearsal dinners, business meetings and birthday parties. The restaurant hosts weekly events such as "Wine Wednesday," Ladies' night, and Happy Hour 4pm - 6pm, Monday through Friday. Gift certificates to the Freight House can be purchased online.
- Hours: Dinner: Sun - Wed, 4pm - 10pm; Thu - Sat, 4pm - 11pm. Lounge menu: Sun, noon - 11pm; Mon - Wed, 4pm - 11pm; Thu - Sat, 4pm -midnight
- Handicap Accessible: Reserved parking spaces, ramp to the door
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Store Credit Card, Visa
- Products: Raw bar selection, steaks, salads, seafood, vegetable plates, rack of lamb, nachos, wine selection, hummus plate, sweet potato fries, flatbreads, boneless hot wings
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Web orders
- Menu link: www.thefreighthouse.net/menu.pdf
- Specialties: Steaks, seafood, coffee, drinks
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: metered, Valet
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: The Freight House offers indoor and outdoor dining for small or large groups and welcomes walk-ins and private parties.
- Cuisine: American, Bistro, Dessert / Ice Cream, Live / Raw Food, Seafood, Steak House
- Signature dishes: Atlantic Salmon, 12 oz New York strip steak, Sullivan County Margot, Bristol Farms Chicken Breast.
- Price level: $$$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Joshua Homacki
- Features: Banquets, Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Elegant, Fine dining, Quiet
- Dress code: Semi-formal, business