Doylestown Fire Company No. 1, Stations 19 & 79
Station 19 was founded in 1879 with 25 members. Construction began on the firehouse on Shewell Avenue, which is still in use today, in 1902.
- Founding Date: August 4, 1879
- What makes this community special?: All volunteer all the time! Want to join your fellow Doylestown residents? Learn lifesaving skills and take pride in protecting the community you serve? Check our website for membership details. Free training and all necessary equipment provided.
- Services: Fire suppression Fire Prevention Rescue
- Public restrooms: No
- Number of firefighters: 60
- Number of trucks: 10
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Volunteer