You may be able to get into the Smithsonian Museums for free, but most other museums charge admission.
Not this weekend. Saturday is the Smithsonian Magazine’s Museum Day Live, and hundreds of museums are taking part across the country, including dozens in the Philadelphia area.
All you need to do it fill out this form and you will be emailed a ticket that will admit two people to the museum of your choice for free on Saturday, Sept. 28. The ticket is only good for two people and you can only have one per household.
Below is a list of museums around our area participating, but if you had another museum in mind, you can look it up on the Museum Day Live website.
- 1750 Smithy, Bethlehem
- 1758 Moravian Sun Inn, Bethlehem
- Abington Art Center , Jenkintown
- African American Museum in Philadelphia
- Allentown Art Museum of the Lehigh Valley, Allentown
- America On Wheels, Allentown
- American Philosophical Society (APS) Museum, Philadelphia
- American Swedish Historical Museum, Philadelphia
- Athenaeum of Philadelphia, Philadelphia
- Bucks County Civil War Library & Museum, Doylestown
- Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia
- Glencairn Museum, Bryn Athyn
- Historic St. George's, Philadelphia
- Kemerer Museum of Decorative Arts, Bethlehem
- Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum, Allentown
- Moravian Museum of Bethlehem, Bethlehem
- National Canal Museum, Easton
National Constitution Center, Philadelphia
- National Museum of American Jewish History, Philadelphia
- Pearl S. Buck House, Perkasie
- Penn Museum, Philadelphia
- Philadelphia History Museum at the Atwater Kent, Philadelphia
- Rosenbach Museum & Library, Philadelphia
- Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, Swarthmore
- Sigal Museum, Easton
- The Academy of Natural Sciences of Drexel University, Philadelphia
- The Moravian Historical Society, Nazareth
- The Print Center, Philadelphia
- Wyck Historic House and Garden, Philadelphia