Looking for a used snowblower? How about an air compressor? Doylestown Borough might have just what you need.
Doylestown is accepting sealed bids for some surplus vehicles and equipment it wants to sell off.
Bids will be accepted until 10 a.m. on March 8. The bids will be opened and publicly read at 10 a.m. on March 11 at Doylestown Borough Hall, 57 W. Court St.
The items up for sale are:
- A 1997 John Deere Gator 6x4 with a diesel engine and Curtis cab. Minimum bid: $3,500
- A 1986 Ingersoll Rand air compressor P195A-SJD. It starts and runs with a jump. Minimum bid: $2,500
- A 1978 Caterpillar 051C track loader. It starts and runs with a jump. Minimum bid: $7,500
- A 1991 Eager Beaver SRH-150W 1½ ton static roller. It starts and runs with a jump. Minimum bid: $1,000
- A Toro Powershift 1232 snow blower. Minimum bid: $200
Phil Ehlinger, head of the borough's public works department, said Monday that the air compressor, track loader and static roller - all listed as "starts with a jump" - most likely need new batteries to start on their own.
Potential bidders who want to inspect the equipment first may do so from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m., Monday through Friday, at the borough's public works yard at 300 Harvey Ave.
Pictures are available at http://tinyurl.com/agvdeqt
The vehicles and equipment are being sold "as is" without warranties to the best responsible bidder.
All bids should be marked "Public Works Equipment." The borough reserves the right to reject any and/or all bids.