Keep an eye on your copper downspouts.
Doylestown Borough Police have received five reports of copper downspouts being stolen since Monday.
The following incidents have been reported:
- A Paine Street resident said she saw a suspicious person carrying a long object in her yard Monday shortly before 9 p.m. She later realized a 12-foot section of her downspout, valued at $300, was missing.
- Three sections of downspouts were reported stolen Monday from First Church of Christ Scientis. The downspouts, valued at approximately $450, total about 21 feet and were taken sometime overnight Monday into Tuesday, according to information from police.
- Four downspouts from Doylestown Presbyterian Church were reported missing. Church representatives said the downspouts worth approximately $400, were taken sometime between Monday and Wednesday.
- A resident of the 100 block of E. Oakland Avenue reported that a 12-foot section of downspout valued at approximately $180 was stolen from her residence sometime between Monday and Wednesday.
- A resident of the 200 block of W. Oakland Avenue reported Wednesday that three sections of copper downspouts were removed from her residence. She told police she was unsure when the theft occurred. The sections are seven feet are valued at approximately $315.
Anyone who has observed suspicious activity or has information regarding these thefts should call Detective Jenkins at the Doylestown Borough Police Department, 215-345-4143.