As Bucks County recovers from the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy earlier this week, Visit Bucks County understands that many Bucks County schools and businesses are still closed today. Families may be looking for ways to get out of the house for a hot meal, activities for the kids or hotel availability for those displaced from their homes.
As of the writing and publishing of this article on October 31, 2012 at noon, the resources below include a listing of Halloween events and activities, open Bucks County businesses and hotel availability.
Halloween Events and Activities
- The Bucks County Children’s Museum is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. today for Halloween fun.
- Oxford Valley Mall is offering indoor trick or treating from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. throughout the mall starting in the JC Penny Upper Level Court today.
- The County Theater in Doylestown is open today with a show at 1 p.m. today and a scary viewing of The Exorcist at 8 p.m. tonight.
- Valley of Fear and the Original Haunted Hayride will extend the Halloween season and remain open this weekend, November 2-4, with special discounts. Use the promo code ‘SANDY’ when purchasing tickets online.
- The following townships will still host Halloween trick or treating tonight: Bensalem Township, Nockamixon Township, Doylestown Township, Langhorne Borough, Warwick Township
- The following townships have postponed Halloween trick or treating: Middletown Township, Bristol Township, Northampton Township, Warminster Township, Tullytown Township, Lower Southampton Township, Penndel Township
Open Bucks County Businesses
- Sweet Pea Creams & Confection in Newtown is open for coffee and lattes.
- The Pineville Tavern is open today and is welcoming the community to come in for dining, restrooms and basic needs. Children are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes and stop in tonight.
- TMA Bucks is open and fully operational. All mass transit is operating on normal schedules across the county.
- Dave & Buster’s Franklin Mills is open regular hours today (11:30 a.m. to midnight) and will be offering a Half-Price Wednesday special— half price gaming and bowling. Candy will be available for children who wish to trick or treat.
- Maggio’s & The Mag Bar will be open today beginning at 11 a.m.
- Texas Roadhouse in Bensalem is opening at noon today.
- Lost River Caverns in Hellertown is open today from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Silverman Gallery in Buckingham is open today from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- The Fox and Hound Inn Bed and Breakfast of New Hope has a handful of rooms available on Wednesday and Thursday nights. They are offering discounts and room rates range from $89 to $155.
The following hotels and inns that were included in our previous post earlier this week do not currently have availability: Radisson Philadelphia Northeast (restaurants open), Crowne Plaza Bucks County (restaurants open), SpringHill Suites Langhorne and Comfort Inn Morrisville.
Bucks County Visitor Centers
As of the publishing of this article, all Bucks County Visitor Centers are closed (Bensalem, Peddler’s Village, New Hope). Please stay tuned to Visit Bucks County’s Facebook and Twitter for up-to-date information regarding their reopenings.
Follow Visit Bucks County on Facebook and Twitter (use the hashtag #BucksSandy) for up-to-date information about Hurricane Sandy and Bucks County openings and closings. Please feel free to share your business updates in the comment section below.