Doylestown Hospital has completed renovations on its maternity unit. The renovations include:
- Renovated, all-private rooms
- Expansion of the Level II Intensive Care Nursery for specialized equipment and room for family interaction
- Newly expanded C-section suite with two operating rooms
- A comprehensive Prenatal Testing Center
- Upgraded equipment in the nine labor/delivery/recovery rooms
- Expansion of the well-baby nursery
According to information from the hospital, about 1,300 babies are born each year at Doylestown Hospital’s V.I.A. Maternity Center.
In 1923, the Village Improvement Association (V.I.A.) of Doylestown opened the 14-bed Doylestown Emergency and Maternity Hospital in the borough of Doylestown.
“We are committed, along with the help of the V.I.A., to continue to provide maternity and newborn care for the women in our community,” Kathy Donahue, Doylestown Hospital’s director of Maternal-Child Services.