The record-breaking drop ride shoots brave passengers 41 stories into the sky, then drops them back to the ground at 90 miles per hour, according to the park's website.
The ride was initially supposed to open Memorial Day weekend. The opening was later pushed to July 4.
According to sixflags.com, Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom boasts the following features:
- At 415 feet, it is the tallest drop ride in the world
- Passengers travel up to 90 miles per hour
- The blast to the top takes 30 seconds; the drop back takes less than 10 seconds
- Eight-person gondolas hold 24 riders per cycle
- The minimum height requirement is 48 inches
“The park has changed a great deal over the past 40 years, but one thing has remained the same,” Siebeneicher said. “Six Flags Great Adventure is a place to create happy, lasting memories. We are proud to celebrate 40 years of thrills here in New Jersey.”