CB Teachers Earn Board Certification
The Central Bucks School Board this week recognized 10 teachers who have earned National Board Certification.
Ten Central Bucks teachers were honored this week for completing board certification in their subject areas.
School board members recognized the teachers Tuesday night at a board meeting.
The teachers earned National Board Certification through the National Board For Professional Teaching Standards. The voluntary assessment program is designed to recognize teachers who meet high standards based on what teachers should know and be able to do in their subject areas.
"This is a pretty big deal," superintendent Dr. Rod Green said, adding that only about 600 or so teachers in the whole state of Pennsylvania are board certified.
These 10 join another 50 teachers in Central Bucks who have achieved the certification.
District officials said National Board Certification is recognized "as a model for identifying accomplished teaching practice and is supported by teachers and administrators nationwide."
The 10 teachers are:
- Yvonne Flath, Holicong Middle School, Family and Consumer Science
- Mark Hayden, Central Bucks West High School, Science
- Megan Jaeger, Bridge Valley Elementary
- Chris Johnson, Central Bucks East High School, Social Studies
- Ashley Lere, Kutz Elementary
- Dave Lloyd, Tohickon Middle School, Social Studies
- Linda McGuigan, Central Bucks East High School, Science
- Melissa Ruth, Mill Creek Elementary
- Lisa Wambold, Groveland Elementary
- Melissa Willis, Central Bucks East High School, Science